How is it possible not to have a guide for the town where I have lived for many years? Here are the schools with various classes per day, interesting places and my favorite adresses !
- Bikram yoga Arnhem – where it all began. Hot Yoga according to the Bikram methode, two breathing excercies and 26 asana’s
- Rocket Yoga Arnhem – nice school with various types of yoga of which ashtanga
- Yoga house – various classes near Velperpoort (next to Caspar)
- Yoga Point – various classes in the centre (Looierstraat)
- Home of zen – Yoga and other courses at the Velperweg
- Yoga campus Arnhem – center near Spijkerkwartier (Statenlaan)
- Indoor action – gym offering (hot) yoga
- Anna Yoga – yoga in the Spijkerkwartier, no walk in, except on sunday
- Yoga unversalis – at this school you get a card with your own asana’s to practice
- Yogastudio Arnhem – Iyengar yoga by Mary Bruggeman
- Teachers not teaching in the studios above
- Yoga articles
- Topshelf Arnhem – (former V&D), sells Gaiam Yoga mats and -props on the second floor
- Othala – Not in Arnhem, but in Nijmegen. With a great range of articles
- Mimint – healthy stuff and ecological food supermarket
- Eko Plaza ecological supermarket in Looierstraat
- Estafette – ecological supermarket in Spijkerkwartier
- Gift shop, buddha statues, fun stuff etc.
Cafe’s / coffee
- Brew2cup – the best third wave coffee of Arnhem
Just made a sequence with poses having funny names. Can also be used as base for kids yoga when the intermediate and advanced poses are left out.
Download as PDF
Some people like silence during Savasana, the resting pose at the end of a session, others like a song. Here are three idea’s
Rest in natural peace
Rosalina used this track during one of her lessons and I loved it!
Aad gurey nameh
What do you like to play during Savasana?
Yin yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga with postures, or asanas, that are held for longer periods of time—for beginners, it may range from 45 seconds to two minutes; more advanced practitioners may stay in one asana for five minutes or more (Wikipedia)
With the help of Tummee and the book of Noorloos I have made a reference sheet of the most common yin yoga poses on one A4.
Download as PDF: yin poses
Made with Tummee’s Yoga Sequence Builder.
I just came back from Bali, but mamma mia, what an inspiration for my own yoga retreat center 🙂 I have put all the ideas in a presentation, happy to share it with you! When I can help you with a brainstorm or assistence, don’t hesitate to contact me!
I stayed 6 nights at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and yoga in Canggu, Bali, Indonesia. Somebody recommended it to me as yogi’s heaven. In a review somebody wrote “Everybody is into yoga etc., not my thing ” so I knew I had to go there ! I definitely liked the place which has a good heart and can recommend it but with some changes it would be upgrade from good to fantastic.
Continue reading “Review Serenity guesthouse”
It’s almost over. But first six days in Canggu
- Yogaschools ! Prices are for a drop-in class in INR, 100k = 100.000 rupiah (ca. $7,50 / € 7,00), most schools have cheaper multiple class passes)
- Serenity – guesthouse with single and double rooms and dormbeds offering yoga. Huge population of yogi’s. (100k) – see my review
- The Practice Bali – beautiful studio with a lot of bamboo offering a wide range of classes (130k)
- Samadi Bali – 3 classes a day, a Sunday ecomarket and a wide range of extra activities. Also retreats, YTT’s etc. (130k)
- Desaseni – a luxery resort offering yoga (140k)
- The chillhouse – surf, mountainbike.. and yoga – (120k)
- theCangguStudio – fitness studio which offers a couple of yogaclasses per week.
- Pranava yoga @ Matra guesthouse
- Batu Bolong Beach – at fridays acroyoga jams at Old Men`s Surfspot
This anonymous lady in the ricefield opened a world for me…
When I was young we used to live in a rural area surrounded by a lot of farmers. We even had some baby pigs in our house who couldn’t stay with their mother. But until now I never realized all the effort mad to put my food on the table.
As kid I never understood why people prayed before eating. “But mom, you bought it in the supermarket and not God”. Still I don’t believe in the classical God, but I become more and more aware of the Universal Energy.
Now I’m here I South East Asia and see a lot of people working very hard for our food under difficult circumstances. The rice I see in the supermarket once has been yielded on a beautiful green rice field far away by people working their ass off literally in the mud.
Continue reading “Thanks you, anonymous lady in the ricefield”
This song won the San Remo festival in Italy. It’s about how we in the West use eastern philosophies:”It’s about the approach that we have in the West in searching inner peace. We try to approach the eastern practices and in doing so we are a bit awkward. For the other cultures we will always be a bit ‘tourists’“.
Below an interpratation, translated from Significato Canzoni.it
Continue reading “Song meaning Occidentali’s Karma”
In Ubud there are around ten yoga studios. Intuitive Flow is the smallest of the big three and has been recommended by one of my friends. Intuitive flow is founded by Linda Madani. Her lineage is yoga pranala (“a combination of asana, pranayama, meditation, mudra pranala (Balinese qi gong) and yoga nidra”), gentle with a clear spiritual side which can be seen in all the classes I have followed.
Continue reading “Intuitive flow – Ubud”