Working at a campsite in Italy now and of course doing yoga. Who knows next year I’ll be the teacher 🙂
Real wisdom can be found in the pub. Wise words spoken by the pub guru 🙂
1) The POWER is inside YOU
2) One step backward, two steps forward. Eventually, the number of steps forward will increase. Sometimes you need a setback to see how far you have gone ahead.
3) Don’t be to depend on your professional helpers to avoid to be kept in the role of victim and wait passively for what they propose
4) Do not listen to your internal critical voice but to the internal voice that gives you compliments. (Give them names)
5) Don’t put the responsibility outside yourself (social workers, others, friends)
6) Take care not to be too influenced by external events and actions of others
7) Find social support and distraction. When you don’t want it, is just when you need it!
8) Do not to pretend to know what other people think.
9) Not everything happens immediately. A lot of things need time. Just keep breathing
10) The pub guru is always right. Listen to the pub guru!
‘Plaisir et envie’ are important words in the hotel where I worked until yesterday. ‘Plaisir’, having fun in what you do. ‘Envie’, going to your work with the desire to do so.
My secret dream is to live a life and doing a work that is independent of place. ‘Digital nomad’ is a term that is used lot for people like that. Imagine sitting at the beach designing a website with a (virgin) mojito next to you.
Another desire is making the difference. For my guests, people around me or even humanity. In January I saw a television program about a young lady – she has my age 😉 – who gave up everything to help people in Nepal some years ago. It woke up a sleeping desire. What could *I* do to make a difference ? I noted some keywords. Tourism, kids, yoga, poverty. You can guess the resulting phrase.
When the camping in Rome asked to come back on very good conditions I secretly knew the answer. Or better said, felt it. This was also the chance to fulfill another desire: traveling in south east Asia. Making a long trip before I am old and have bigger responsibilities than not having a walkout. So I practiced every decision making model possible and wrote my letter. Then I read again about a yoga teacher training in India (samyakyoga.org), maybe too early but felt another spark and filled in the form. And after that I’ll travel in Thailand and Indonesia.
I think it’s important not to be afraid of making choices to do what you really want in life (respecting your limits and responsibilities). So like I said in my very improvised goodbye speech at work:”it’s not that I don’t have the ‘plaisir and envie’ here, but I think there are more things that will give me even more ‘plaisir and envie’
Who knows what the future brings. I hope, believe and am confident that it will work out for me whatever it will be. Just breath. And if it all doesn’t work out for this moment, there’s the French expression that I heard a lot the last days: “Jamais deux sans trois” – after two times there’ll always be a third time. And also that will be with the same dedication as always.
Thanks to all for being there.