Yin yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga with postures, or asanas, that are held for longer periods of time—for beginners, it may range from 45 seconds to two minutes; more advanced practitioners may stay in one asana for five minutes or more (Wikipedia)
I just came back from Bali, but mamma mia, what an inspiration for my own yoga retreat center 🙂 I have put all the ideas in a presentation, happy to share it with you! When I can help you with a brainstorm or assistence, don’t hesitate to contact me!
Continue reading “Yoga retreat ideas”
I stayed 6 nights at Serenity Eco Guesthouse and yoga in Canggu, Bali, Indonesia. Somebody recommended it to me as yogi’s heaven. In a review somebody wrote “Everybody is into yoga etc., not my thing ” so I knew I had to go there ! I definitely liked the place which has a good heart and can recommend it but with some changes it would be upgrade from good to fantastic.
It’s almost over. But first six days in Canggu
- Yogaschools ! Prices are for a drop-in class in INR, 100k = 100.000 rupiah (ca. $7,50 / € 7,00), most schools have cheaper multiple class passes)
- Serenity – guesthouse with single and double rooms and dormbeds offering yoga. Huge population of yogi’s. (100k) – see my review
- The Practice Bali – beautiful studio with a lot of bamboo offering a wide range of classes (130k)
- Samadi Bali – 3 classes a day, a Sunday ecomarket and a wide range of extra activities. Also retreats, YTT’s etc. (130k)
- Desa Seni – a luxery resort offering yoga (140k). If there’s a copy of heaven on earth, it might be Desa Seni (see here a nice blogpost with photos)
- The chillhouse – surf, mountainbike.. and yoga – (120k)
- theCangguStudio – fitness studio which offers a couple of yogaclasses per week.
- Pranava yoga @ Matra guesthouse
- Batu Bolong Beach – at fridays acroyoga jams at Old Men`s Surfspot
- Surf & yoga (retreats)
This anonymous lady in the ricefield opened a world for me…
When I was young we used to live in a rural area surrounded by a lot of farmers. We even had some baby pigs in our house who couldn’t stay with their mother. But until now I never realized all the effort mad to put my food on the table.
As kid I never understood why people prayed before eating. “But mom, you bought it in the supermarket and not God”. Still I don’t believe in the classical God, but I become more and more aware of the Universal Energy.
Now I’m here I South East Asia and see a lot of people working very hard for our food under difficult circumstances. The rice I see in the supermarket once has been yielded on a beautiful green rice field far away by people working their ass off literally in the mud.
This song won the San Remo festival in Italy. It’s about how we in the West use eastern philosophies:”It’s about the approach that we have in the West in searching inner peace. We try to approach the eastern practices and in doing so we are a bit awkward. For the other cultures we will always be a bit ‘tourists’“.
Below an interpratation, translated from Significato Canzoni.it
In Ubud there are around ten yoga studios. Intuitive Flow is the smallest of the big three and has been recommended by one of my friends. Intuitive flow is founded by Linda Madani. Her lineage is yoga pranala (“a combination of asana, pranayama, meditation, mudra pranala (Balinese qi gong) and yoga nidra”), gentle with a clear spiritual side which can be seen in all the classes I have followed.