I stayed a week now in Kathmandu, Nepal. Coming from the Netherlands there was some time needed to land. In fact it’s the soft version of India. The people are very kind in general. Here are my favorite tips and addresses
- Pranamaya Yoga – the most know yoga school here. A wide variety of yoga classes
- Charak yoga – walk in classes
- Mandala yogastudio – walk in classes and retreats
- Patanjali Yoga centre – courses of five days
Yoga and trekking
- Ashees Osho meditation centre
- Vuddha Dharma centre
- Himalayan Buddhist Meditation centre
- Nepal Vipassana Centre
- Osho Tapoban Forest retreat centre
I stayed in the Himalaya Yoga Hotel. It has (almost) every day a very good hatha class in the morning and the staff is very nice. Also I liked the atmosphere because it attracts a lot of yoga minded people. However it needs some maintenance.
- Places – nice veggie burger!
- OR2K – i ate here twice. The first time I liked the food very much, but eating Pad Thai outside of Thailand might not be a good idea
- Thakali Bhanchha – for the real Dal Bhat experience! Very cheap, tasteful and free refills!
- Electric pagoda – garden with relaxed lounge music and good wifi
- Garden of dreams – an oasis near the center
- Bodenath – biggest stupa of Nepal of maybe Asia.
- Swayambhunath / monkey temple
- Pathan – the durbar square is still devestated, but the museum makes the entrance fee worth it
- Durbar squar of Katmandu – but this blogpost says it’s not worth the hefty entrance fee
- Basantapur Durbar
- Om Pilgrims book house – best bookshop in town. Unfortunately I discovered it on my last day…
- Guide for Kathmandu for digital nomads with a lot of useful tips