Student Disclaimer Form / Waiver of liability
I, __________________________________________________hereby agree to the following:
- Yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Yoga is not recommended and is not safe under certain medical conditions
- I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition, which would prevent my full participation in these yoga classes, health programmes or workshops.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult a physician prior to and regarding my participation.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to express any circumstances which will limit my practice.
- I recognize that exercise requires physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- If I am pregnant I understand that I participate fully at my own risk and that of my unborn child/children.
- The instructor may physically adjust students’ form and posture or give assistence. If I do not want to be touched ((any)more), I can express that wish at any moment without giving further explanation.
- I take full and sole responsibility from any liability of loss or damage to personal property.
- I know, due to the international scope of the activities of the instructor, that there is no liability insurance which will cover any injuries or damages.
- I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages which I might incur as a result of participating.
- I knowingly, voluntarily, expressly and irrevocably release and waive any claim I may have against my instructor or substitute teacher for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in these programmes.
Code of conduct
I agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
- Conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that I live up to any commitments I make to my students or to the public, and ensuring that my practices and behavior conform to the representations I make about myself in holding myself out as a yoga practitioner who adheres to certain precepts.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.