After a minivan ride of three hours with a lot of curves (but a good driver) I’m in Pai now. It was said that it was a spiritual place, but I only see tourists and backpackers of the beerpong type. Nothing wrong with them, but I expected a bit otherwise and I’m slightly disappointed after having such a good time in Chiang Mai. Apparently Pai and her surroundings is very beautiful but you really need a scooter or motorbike. I never drove one and my driving license is not valid to do so, thus I don’t have an insurance for liability. 99% of the people don’t care but what I won’t do at home, I wouldn’t do in another country. Maybe I should take my licence, but that will be a challenge seen the fact that I’m nowhere registered. Back to the yoga part!
The number of walk-in yoga possibilities is disappointing. This is what I’ve found until now (situation in december 2016, won’t be updated, but if you have info, let me know )
- Walking distance from center
- Yoga ashtanga – every morning in front of the river (@Baan Pai River side) at 9am, 200 bath
- Sawasdee Pai Resort – in the city center
- mon & wednesday 9.00-10.30 basic dynamic yoga
- tuesday & thursday 9.00-10.30 intermediate
- every day (?) 5.30-6.45 pm Yoga therapy
- Wisurat Muay Tai. Yoga in a thaibox school. 100 bath Every day 10am and 3pm
- Circus School Hostel – (almost) daily yoga class at 9:30am, acroyoga, slacklining. 100 bath entree fee.
- Outside the center, scooter needed
- Yoga by Grace Yoga @ Laguna Pai Relax (scooter needed), every day (except Monday) at 10 am
- Openmind center (scooter needed, 10 minutes from center) – monday, Wednesday, friday 10am – tuesday, thursday 5pm. Written on flyer, not mentioned on website
- Sabai garden – morning classes, price on donation (to be confirmed.. and scooter needed)
- For guest only / retreats
Cool places to eat/drink with nice people
- Pa Pae – three day (extendable) retreat between Chiang Mai and Pai
- Openmind center (scooter needed, 10 minutes from center) – various programs
Where to stay
- Cosa fare a Pai – guida alternativa
- Tripadvisor forum: Yoga Classes in Pai ?
- Travelling Yogini: Pai laid back or wannabe hippies town?