I have lived more than six years near Paris, so I couldn’t resist making a guide for Paris. In general the schools have been selected whether they have multiple styles and walk in classes. In Paris the walk in classes are pretty expensive, count on €20 but…
I practiced my yoga with Affordable Yoga and Fitness. I couldn’t wish better. The price is only €6 per lesson, the locations often don’t have a dressing room or shower, BUT the teachers are GREAT. In the summer the classes are outdoors in one of the parcs of Paris. For me it was also handy that I could reserve or cancel a class at the last moment (nothing is sure in life, but as waiter life is even more unsure) (now there’s a 10 hours notice to give space to late decision makers)
The numbers betweeen parentheses correspond to the arrondisement
- Le Tigre Yogaclub (16) – I think the most chique of the capital. And it has its price, €28 per lesson based on 10 lessons.
- Big Apple Yoga (2)- a yoga school like you find in the USA
- Centre de Yoga Iyengar de Paris
- Yoga Village (2)
- The Yoga factory (3)
- Caelo Yoga (2)
- Ashtanga Yoga Paris (11)
- Paris Yoga Shala (8) – offers Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga
- Guerilla Yoga Paris (7) – English yoga classes at Saturday morning. Donation based, but the suggested donation is €20
- YAY Paris (17/18) – Studio in the north of Paris with very good teachers
- Louise Cutler – My regular practice in Paris was with Louise. Being a teacher myself now, there is a part of her teaching hidden in every single lesson. Every lesson was different with original sequences. Her cues were spot on and the fun factor (“and smile..!”) was always there. She also stimulated me to develop further. She has a Meetup group, her classes on various locations in the city of light are €8. (www.louisecutler.org)
- Bar a meditation (2) – various types of meditation.
Food and beverage
- Le Bichat – delicious buddha bowls
- Best icecream : Pozetto Paris – ice in buckets, in the Marais. Like in Italy and maybe better !
- Pizza Rossi – the best pizza’s in town!
- The culture trip : Best vegetarian restaurants in Paris
- Happy Cow Paris
- Yogateau is THE source of information regarding yoga of Paris. Subscribe to her newsletter to get the latest information every week. Here is their complete list and map of yogastudios in Paris
- David Lebovitz : Yogaclasses in Paris
- HiP : Paris’ best yoga studios