After a bumpy bus tour I arrived at Pokhara. What a difference with Kathmandu and what a beautiful lake!
Not a lot of yoga studios with a schedule of different styles. Some hostels/guesthouses organize classes, mostly when they have a teacher as guest/volunteer (see below). Check out the flyers. (Info as is begin November 2017)
- Om family – retreats etc. They have also classes above Alchemy cafe (hatha 9am/5pm, Kriya 8am, Kundalini 6pm, free meditation 11am)
- Holy garden (inside Busy Bee Café) – 3 drop in classes each day (7am, 2pm, 4pm $5)
- Osho Divine Zone (9am, 4pm)
- Himalayan Yogini (former Nepali Yogi centre) – retreats, ytt’s etc. Single class only on appointment (drop in yoga temporarily cancelled, was 7.30am, 4pm)
- Pranamaya Yoga – the branche in Pokhara has also various daily walkin classes, but only in certain periods
- Sadhana Yoga Ashram – various options, but not cheap ($22 for a 90 minutes yoga class, including breakfast or dinner)
- Annapurna Yoga Ashram
- Purna yoga retreat – retreats from 1 to 21 days. Two drop in classes ($15) each day.
- Shivalaya– yoga retreat center outside Pokhara near the Begnas lake.
- GN Reiki – (9am, 4pm)
- Yoga Chautara – two daily drop in classes
- Tushita yoga retreats
- Atma Shree yoga – various retreats
- A lot of guesthouses/hostels/restaurants offer yoga, but I think that it’s only when there is a teacher in house as guest.
Yoga & treks
- Osho Divine Zone (7am, 11am, 5pm)
- Oshos People (7.30am)
- Ganden Yiga Chozin Buddhist centre
- Dhamma Pokhara Vipassana Centre
- GN reiki meditation center – also yoga
I stayed in Nepalaya Eco hostel, a wonderful hostel with a huge yoga vibes and daily classes (on donation base). It’s in Lakeside center. However the most retreat centers are in the North of the lake, so keep that in mind.
Also here: the more tourists,the more expensive. Main courses start at $1 for a chow men (noodles) at a non touristic place until $5 for a main course at OR2K.
- Natural mystic – cafe at the lake. Owned by a French-Nepali couple. The menu is a combination of these kitchens. Relaxed atmosphere. MIGHT BE CLOSED 🙁
- The Juicery cafe – juices and nice salades and other meals
- OR2K – here they have the same menu as in Pokhara. Nice food but too expensive